Our plants are produced in certified nurseries located on the island of Tenerife, in the Canary Islands. We enjoy an even subtropical climate, where nurseries are not heated and the use of chemicals is kept to a minimum. Cacti and succulents are chiefly grown in full sun, while other plants are produced under shade cloths. The winter in the Canary Islands is much cooler than in the tropics, so we can grow robust plants, better adapted to live in Northern latitudes.
- We sprout our seeds and we root our cuttings. We don’t import and re-sell plants. Our plants have no stress from a past importation from a remote county with a different climate.
- We are not in a tropical climate. Plants like cacti and cycads will stop in winter and grow in the right way thanks to this rest.
- We use no greenhouses, except for seed sprouting and rooting.
- Our plants are grown from cultivated stock, never collected in habitat.
- Propagating material are obtained from reliable sources, chiefly from a number of mother plants existing on the island.
- Our Fruit trees belong to selected cultivars and most of them are hand-grafted trees, one by one over the stronger rootstocks.
- Our plants are all LEGAL. Protected species are started from seeds with official CITES papers.